The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of majority in the province in which the order is placed.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND COOKIES
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we passively collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” and “cookies” which collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase or communicate with us through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including the following:
- Contact Information- your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, shipping address, email address, and phone number(s). We refer to this information as “Order Information.” We may also collect information that you provide us about others.
- If in our sole and absolute discretion, a purchased product is deemed by us to be returnable and refundable, we require certain information from you. You may be asked to provide your name, address, phone number and show information that identifies you, such as your driver’s licence. We collect this information to process and track returns and to help detect and prevent fraud and otherwise administer our loss prevention program.
Please note, if returns are being made, after being deemed by us to in our sole and absolute discretion to be returnable and refundable, on behalf of an organization (corporation, trust, partnership etc.), an officer, director and/or agent of the organization may be asked to provide a name, address, phone number and show information that identifies them personally, such as their driver’s licence as well as in what capacity they represent the organization.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill and verify any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- To enforce compliance with our Terms of Service, applicable laws and/or law enforcement agencies, rules and regulations.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: here.
We may share your Personal Information with our Canadian, US and foreign Affiliates and service providers who provide services on our behalf, such as our delivery service providers who ship and deliver your online orders, process your payments, and send email and communications.
Our suppliers, partners, independent contractors (collectively “Third-Party Providers”) and/or employees, may have access to, or be shared personal information to use in connection with one or more of the purposes for which the information was collected. Our Third-Party Providers may have access to personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to our websites. We may use a variety of Third-Party Providers in order to host our websites and facilitate their ordinary use, including for example, hosting servers which store personal information. By providing your information to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located within and outside of Canada.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
DISCLAIMER ABOUT SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLINE
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WHEN SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLINE, THERE IS ALWAYS A RISK OF DATA BREACHES, INCLUDING DATA BREACHES IN WHICH THIRD PARTIES UNLAWFULLY ACCESS OUR SYSTEMS, OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, WHICH STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING BY WAY OF NEGLIGENCE, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail at 1425 Stavebank Road, Mississauga, ON L5G 2V5.